Renew the Beauty of Your Smile with Teeth Whitening
As we age, wear and tear can dim the color of our teeth, creating a dull, discolored smile. Teeth whitening is a quick and affordable way to brighten your enamel and rejuvenate your smile. At Garden City Smiles in Long Island, NY, we provide teeth bleaching for a wide range of patients. Dr. Louis J. Buono performs Zoom!® This safe, simple procedure can take years off of your smile so you can feel completely confident in your appearance again.
Why Choose Teeth Whitening?
When supervised by a dentist, teeth whitening is an incredibly safe and effective procedure that offers a range of benefits. Teeth bleaching can:
- Provide results quickly: Many patients enjoy stunning effects after a single whitening treatment. In contrast, most over-the-counter (OTC) products take at least two weeks to show results.
- Predictable, consistent effects: OTC systems can apply the gel unevenly, comprising your effects and also putting you at a higher risk of developing sensitivity.
- Erase years from your smile: Discoloration can dim your smile and make you appear older. Whitening can remove years of stains for a brighter, more youthful smile.
- Improve your confidence: When you are happy with how your smile looks, you are more likely to feel confident in your overall appearance.
It is important to understand that deep, intrinsic staining (affecting the inner portion of the teeth) cannot usually be addressed with whitening. In these cases, the doctor might recommend you consider porcelain veneers or another alternative treatment.
Your Treatment Options
At Garden City Smiles, we offer two advanced whitening treatments: the in office Zoom whitening system from Philips, and a take home system Opalescence from Ultradent ®. During your consultation at our office, Dr. Buono can discuss your different whitening options and help you choose the right treatment for your smile.
The Zoom whitening system is a prescription-grade bleaching product which can brighten your teeth up to eight shades in a simple 60-minute treatment. If you choose to undergo an in-office treatment with Zoom, Dr. Buono will:
- Prepare your teeth for whitening
- Apply a layer of whitening gel to your teeth
- Shine a blue LED lamp onto your smile to speed the whitening process
He will repeat this simple process three times or until your teeth have reached the desired shade. He can also apply a post-treatment gel to protect your enamel and reduce dental sensitivity. Some patients choose to enhance or maintain their results with an at-home whitening kit.
Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
Dr. Buono has been changing smiles and changing lives for more than 30 years. For more information about whitening and our additional cosmetic dentistry options, schedule your complimentary consultation. Reach our team by calling (516) 294-0375 or filling out our online contact form today.
“I have been going to Dr. Buono for about 6 years and he’s great. His pricing fit my budget and my teeth can not look any better.” Isabella