Improve Your Smile with Dental Crowns for the Front Teeth
When the front teeth are damaged or flawed, it can make some people feel embarrassed or uncomfortable to show their smile. Fortunately, dental crowns can be used on the front teeth to restore dental health and improve the smile’s appearance.
At Garden City Smiles, Dr. Louis J. Buono offers dental crowns for front teeth to enhance the smiles of patients in and around Long Island, NY, and Garden City, NY. If you are unhappy with the appearance or health of your front teeth, we welcome you to schedule a consultation.
About Dental Crowns for the Front Teeth
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped restorations that are designed to completely cover individual teeth or dental implants. Dental crowns can be made of resin, porcelain, or ceramic as these materials closely mimic the natural luster of the teeth and can be fabricated to match the teeth in color. When used on the front teeth, dental crowns may treat dental damage or may be used for cosmetic reasons.
What Issues Affecting the Front Teeth Can Dental Crowns Treat?
Dental crowns can address many issues that affect the front teeth. Some of the most common issues that can be treated with dental crowns for the front teeth include:
- Large chips or cracks: Front teeth with large chips, cracks, or breaks are at increased risk of decay. Dental crowns can be used to restore broken teeth and help prevent further damage.
- Worn down teeth: Teeth grinding, or bruxism, can wear the teeth down if left untreated. Dental crowns are often the best option for restoring the appearance and health of worn teeth.
- Teeth treated with root canal therapy: Root canal therapy is necessary to treat infected nerves and pulp within the teeth. In order to reach these inner structures the teeth must be drilled, and the decay must be removed. This can leave the teeth weakened. Dental crowns can protect and preserve such teeth.
- Misshapen teeth: Teeth that are pointed, jagged, or otherwise misshapen can be covered by dental crowns to create a more symmetrical appearance.
- Crooked teeth: Dental crowns may be used to address crooked teeth and create a straighter smile.
- Dental implant restoration: Dental crowns can be paired with dental implants to replace missing front teeth.
Why Choose Dental Crowns for the Front Teeth?
When it comes to treating the front teeth, there are other options, including porcelain veneers and dental bonding, that can enhance the appearance of the smile. So why choose dental crowns?
Dental crowns are a good option when damage is too severe for other treatments. They can preserve what remains of damaged teeth and prevent the need for extraction. Dental crowns can also be used to address cosmetic issues that may be too severe for treatment with veneers or dental bonding.
Schedule a Consultation
Dental crowns can transform the appearance of the teeth, masking flaws and imperfections, while also restoring dental health and function.
To find out if dental crowns are right for you, call (516) 294-0375 to schedule a consultation with Long Island dentist Louis J. Buono.